Rockabye Baby: Favorite Bedtime Products

Tuesday, February 11, 2014


Hello friends,

Today I want to share with you some products that Josh and I like to use every night while we're getting Graham ready for bed.  

I have to admit that we were very fortunate to have a baby who slept through the night at 5 weeks old.  I'm not sure if my strict adherence to a nightly routine made a difference or if it was just our awesome little man.  Either way, we were't complaining.  I do think that using the same routine every night helps tremendously.  Ours relies heavily on the following items and if one of them is ever missing or broken then we're in trouble!

This little sheep is wonderful!  I received it from one of my friends at my baby shower and had no idea what it was.  It's basically a cute, fluffy sound machine that you baby can cuddle with.  You can hang it on the side of the crib (which we do) and take it with you in the car. It has various sounds to help your baby fall asleep and stay asleep.  It stays on for 25-45 minutes depending on your settings.  Graham's favorite sound is the ocean waves.  

I'm sure you're aware that lavender has calming effects.  This makes it perfect for babies right before bedtime.  I like this Aveeno one because the scent is faint and not too overwhelming.  Combine it with a little massage and your baby is ready for sleep!

These are a definite must for newborns up to around 4 months.  It keeps your baby wrapped up snug so he/she gets the same feeling of being in the womb which is very comforting to them. (It's also much easier for us parents who aren't very good at traditional swaddling.) Just make sure you stop using the swaddler when your baby can rollover.

4 - NoseFrida
We like using this product before bedtime when Graham is congested.  I know it looks strange and the concept is even stranger but I promise it works so well.  It's much more sanitary than the bulbs from the hospital because you can clean the tubing after each use.  Plus, it's gentle on your baby.

We love this monitor!  We have the version with one camera (the cheaper option) and it fits all of our needs.  The picture is so clear and we can even talk back into the monitor to Graham.  This is a definite MUST HAVE!



I hope this list helps you get hours upon hours of uninterrupted sleep! (A girl can dream, right?)

Experienced parents, are there any items I'm missing?  What would you have on your top 5 list?










No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment. I read each & every one!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs