Monkey Bread!

Sunday, February 2, 2014



Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone! 

I hope you're having a relaxing day with your family & friends and that we all enjoy some good football and good food tonight.

Speaking of good food, I made Monkey Bread for our Sunday School class this morning. Everyone seems to like it so I wanted to share the recipe with all of you.  The recipe I use is a variation of Paula Deen's so you know it's good (and not healthy, haha).

What you'll need:
1 cup white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
3 (10 count) cans of refrigerated biscuits
1/2 cup butter
I cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cooking spray

Since I always make this for breakfast I like to prepare most of it the night before. I actually think that makes it taste better since the sugar and cinnamon have time to "set".  


Start by spraying your bundt pan with cooking spray. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a ziplock bag or bowl. (I find the bag to be easier and quicker.) Cut each biscuit into fourths and coat with the cinnamon sugar. Place the biscuits evenly around your pan.  If you prepared this the night before, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

The next morning, preheat your oven to 325 degrees.  Melt the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla in a skillet over low heat.  Use a wooden spoon to stir it all together. Pour this into the pan evenly over the biscuits.


Bake for 35 minutes then allow to cool.  Turn the pan upside down onto your plate and serve!

I hope you enjoy this as much as we do! We all need a "cheat meal" every now and then, right? :)

With love & gratitude,
Heather




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment. I read each & every one!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs