A Little Bit About Me

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Hello friends,

First of all I want to thank you for visiting my blog.  I hope you like what you see so far. I am by no means a creative writer, fashion merchandiser, or parenting expert but I know what I love and what has worked for me.  I love a good deal, cute outfit, uplifting song and I feel privileged to be able to share these things and more with you. 

As you probably already know by now I am a proud wife & mother. My boys make me tick, they're the reason why I do everything I do. They are my heartbeat. (More to come on marriage and motherhood in future posts.)  Family is everything to me. Family & God come first, everything else comes next.  I come from a large, crazy, supportive, loud and loving family. My parents have always been there for me and my sister is my best friend. (You mess with my sis, you mess with me!) I am also blessed to be able to work part-time as a financial analyst. I like to call work my "adult time"! 

One of the most important things about me is that I love Christ. He died for me and is with me every second of every day. I don't deserve His grace & mercy but He continues to bless me & my family. I will forever be indebted to Him.  I am certainly not perfect but I'm forgiven.  I often fall short but my goal is to be more like Him day in and day out. 

Here are some other fun facts that have made me who I am:

I was an Alpha Delta Pi at Florida State University (GO NOLES!) where I enjoyed making memories with some of the most beautiful, kind-hearted and well-rounded women I know. I am so grateful for them and the experiences we shared.  During my last semester of college I became a cheerleader for the Jacksonville Jaguars. I spent five seasons with the Jaguars (with a 2 year break in between to get married). During my last season I was a line captain and selected by my teammates to represent them at the 2012 Pro Bowl in Hawaii. There aren't enough words to describe how amazing that felt to be the ONE they chose. Cheering at the Pro Bowl was an incredible experience that I will always cherish (thank you again ROAR sisters).

So that's a little bit about me.  I feel extremely fortunate to have experienced so much in my life thus far and I know God has so much more in store!  I look forward to getting to know you all through this journey. Thanks again for reading!

With love & gratitude,
Heather

Devon Donnahoo Photography

On me: Old Navy Dress (sold out) similar here | Old Navy Scarf (sold out) similar here 
Seiko Watch (vintage from my grandfather | Bourbon & Boweties Bangles various available here
On Graham: Baby Gap Shirt (sold out) love this | Baby Gap Jeans here | Target Vest here
On Josh: Brooks Brothers Shirt here | T Harris Jacket (old) similar here




2 comments :

  1. Heather, I totally want the bourbon and bow ties bangle with sharks teeth on it..... Do you think I could have it made? I only see earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff my sister actually wants to sell hers - it's too big for her wrist. Talk to her about it at the party! I'll mention it to her. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment. I read each & every one!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs